Political pressure is mounting on executives at the SABC to ditch plans to cut jobs. Plans to restructure and slash costs at the embattled public broadcaster will only be finalised early in the new year.

After resolving to extend consultations by seven days last week, the board said on Tuesday it had agreed to halt the retrenchment process until the end of December to allow for further consultations. It said, however, this did not mean retrenchments are off the table, a stance likely to lead to more clashes with unions...

BL Premium

This article is reserved for our subscribers.

A subscription helps you enjoy the best of our business content every day along with benefits such as articles from our international business news partners; ProfileData financial data; and digital access to the Sunday Times and Sunday Times Daily.

Already subscribed? Simply sign in below.



Questions or problems? Email helpdesk@businesslive.co.shhuaxiu.com or call 0860 52 52 00. Got a subscription voucher? Redeem it now