JOB ADS | Video news editor
Here's your chance to join the team at one of SA's most innovative publishers
Video news editor
Reporting to: Head of multimedia
Department: Group digital
Location: Parktown, Johannesburg
We are looking for an experienced video editor to work with our multimedia team producing original daily video content for all Arena Holdings websites – including TimesLIVE, BusinessLIVE and SowetanLIVE.
- Co-ordinate a daily video news and features diary.
- Show ability to develop reasonable, sensible strategies for specific video platforms over and above Arena news sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Ensure the video content is of the highest quality and editorially sound.
- Publishing video clips according to editorial style and production quality guidelines.
- Manage the multimedia video team daily as well as freelancers, graphic designers, voiceover artists and drone operators etc. Execute required video developments whether content, strategy or publishing as needed by head of multimedia across Arena Holding websites.
- Assisting in sourcing and executing news investigations.
- Maintaining a strong list of story ideas.
- Weekend and after-hours work will be required at times.
Required skills and attributes
- Show a strong interest in latest video production, technology and publishing trends and follow through with means to implement, where relevant, on Arena Holdings platforms.
- Show the ability to analyse the performance of video and report the results in a useful format to the head of multimedia.
- Strong English-language writing and communication skills.
- Current knowledge of local and world news events.
- Confidence in coordinating, organising and conducting interviews.
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts for exclusive stories.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop and basic After Effects).
- Expertise in using various professional cameras.
- Speed and accuracy are paramount.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Valid drivers licence.
Skills that would be an advantage
- Strong on-camera presence and ability to do voiceovers.
- Experience in “live” video settings and technical knowledge thereof.
- Experience in a digital role in a newsroom.
Qualified applicants may submit their CV and cover letter to head of multimedia Scott Smith: Smiths@arena.africa
Closing date: July 16 2021
Arena Holdings is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation. Kindly take note that if we do not respond to you in the next two months, you may regard your application as unsuccessful.